Ship from China to Amazon FBA U.S. by Sea - Matson Plus Truckload(FTL or LTL)
- Updated on Dec.05, 2021
- How does it work?
- What are the pros and cons?
- How to get rates and time?
How does it work?
Step 1: Boxes shipped from suppliers to a freight forwarder (consolidator) warehouse to be consolidated, then get loaded into Matson containers.
Step 2: containers shipped to China ports, through China customs, on board, then carried from China ports(Ningbo & Shanghai ) to U.S. port (Long Beach and Auckland) by Matson boats (CLX, CLX+, CCX).
Matson CLX,CLX+ (Source: https://www.matson.com/)
Matson CCX (Source https://www.matson.com/)
Step 3: boats discharged, containers transferred to trucking companies, trucking companies take containers to Amazon FBA warehouses (appointments need to be set up in advance.)
Matson containers taken to Amazon FBA warehouse
- Faster - Matson plus truckload (our service code 12, 22) is faster than Matson plus courier (our service code 11, 21).
- Cheaper - Matson plus truckload (our service code 12, 22) is usually cheaper than Matson plus courier (our service code 11, 21).
- Safer - Matson plus truckload (our service code 12, 22) has lower box-lost-rate than Matson plus courier (our service code 11, 21), esp. to busy Amazon warehouse like FTW1, GYR3, ONT8... etc.
- It doesn't have a tracking code.
- You need to provide Amazon reference ID to your forwarder.
Rates & Time:
*Check service code 12 and 22 in below shipping estimate calculator:
Live Shipping Estimator:
How To Use Above Shipping Estimator?